.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

azalea the black

a journey to the center of an under-achieving bad girl!

Monday, November 07, 2005

4. my first baby's daddy, chapter 1

Easter Sunday, 1981.
It must have been in April that year, cause it was really hot. I've never understood the holiday of our Lord's resurrection...they never can decide just when it was...
In the days when a tan made you look hot, (and we WERE hot. baking your skin in the sun makes you have fever!) Easter Sunday was the first official day of tanning season. After the church and the dinner, you ran home, changed into your swimsuit & cut-offs, & went to the state park with the other redneck kids to usher in another spring of care-free teen-age hijinks. Hopefully, you could run up on some old friends from school, or some 3rd cousins, who had a boat, some beer, and some weed! That would be a perfect Easter!
But not this Easter.
a cousin - yes
a boat - no
some beer - probably
some weed - definitely
and a pleasant suprise!

My cousin, let's call her dk, introduced us. He was her boyfriend's friend. And he was cute!! He asked if I knew his little sister, sp, from school. I LOVED that girl! She was a year younger than I, but she played guitar & sang & shit & just always seemed like a cool, sweet girl. I said "Do you play guitar & shit like her?" and he said "Well a little bit." and I guess it was on then.
We hung out all day.
My cousin called me later & said "You know he's crazy & shit" and I said "What do you mean?" and she said "Well he don't do nothing but sell weed!" and I said "Cool! You mean like your BROTHER?" and she said "He's the guy my brother BUYS his weed from!" and I said "Still cool" or something like that.
He also sold hand-made furniture, but my sister still doesn't believe that...
Now, if anyone will comment on this post, I'll add chapter 2 later this week. It's just getting good...
Art Is The Only Thing That Lasts
azb

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger RevDrDark said...

Ars longa, vita brevis...
Taking a look at your blog after seeing your comment on mine own. Eternally yours,
I remain,
Yr Obt. sv't.,
Reverend Dr. P.S. Dark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home