.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

azalea the black

a journey to the center of an under-achieving bad girl!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

12. if not for the shade the sun would burn burn burn us

I used to forget to look up. I looked down most of the time, both figuratively & literally, just tryin' to make sure my feet kept me going, I guess, or hoping to find something somebody dropped, maybe. But in order to not merely survive, but also LIVE, I had to learn some different ways of looking at things.

I live on the most beautiful spot around here.
We have hills, trees, privacy, zero crime. A tricked-out awesome house (small-ish and brick with a basement studio where someone's always mixing up some mischievous musical medicine!!) And a HUGE yard! Almost every time I catch myself feeling blue or lazy or afraid or claustrophobic, I take my camera outside & take pictures. It ALWAYS makes me feel better; it feels like home. It feels like the woods.
We have squirrels, hawks, possums, birds of all kinds, and a big fat lazy yard cat who doesn't even chase the aforementioned away...

So a great big "thank you!" to whomever is responsible for the sunlight I still prefer to see from the cover of trees, or through translucent glass.

Don't forget to look up. And then, try to imagine what it would look like if you were up THERE, looking DOWN on the spot you're standing. Just try to get a different perspective every now & then, tha's all I'm sayin'...
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
azb

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Cindy St. Onge said...

Well stated, Azalea. Even an 'old goth' can appreciate occasional illumnation and the brighter things in this world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home